Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Subtle Serpent

I have a question and would like feedback from all of my theological peers and mentors.

Was the serpent able to talk before the fall or was it a supernatural enabling similar to Balaam's donkey speaking audibly?

In its current design, a snake's mouth really isn't physically capable of producing human speech is it? I'm not a 100% sure on that, but I'd be surprised if it could. I guess I should have asked my biological peers and mentors that one. Wait, I don't have any. You folks will have to do.

Eve does not seem alarmed at the speech. Could conditions have really been that much different prior to man's disobedience to God? I know behavior was certainly modified, but were anatomical alterations made by the Creator?

I'm all ears....or eyes, kind of like a house fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment